Office 365 is a subscription service that includes the most recent version of Microsoft Office, which currently is Office 2019. It comes with the applications like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, plus 1 TB of personal online storage and more.
It also provides web interfaces for of the office applications (Word, PowerPoint, etc.), as well as email.
Microsoft have a great article online which explains the differences between Office 365 and Office 2019. Staff and students have access to the A1 Education plan, which includes these features:
- Office Online – Web versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook which can be used on any device at any time.
- Office applications – Get the latest version of Office apps like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. You can install the office applications on up to 5 computers and 5 mobile devices.
- Microsoft Teams – A digital hub that integrates the conversations, content, and apps your school needs to be more collaborative and engaged.
- OneDrive file storage – 1 TB of cloud storage is provided per user and provides versioning of documents to allow you to recover earlier versions of files if needed.
- Email, calendar, and contacts – includes a 50 GB inbox on top of the OneDrive storage.
- Digital storytelling with Sway – Create interactive web-based lessons, assignments, project recaps, newsletters, and more—right from a phone, tablet, or browser.