To install Minecraft, please follow the steps below.
1. Click on the following link: > Download | Minecraft Education Edition <
2. Click on the red Download now icon
3. Once the file is downloaded, if it appears at the bottom of your browser, click on it, otherwise, you can press CTRL and J keys to open downloads in Chrome/Edge or find your downloads by opening “my computer” then double clicking on “downloads’ then double clicking on the MinecraftEducation_x86_ file
4. Follow the install prompts that come up, click on I accept the agreement after reading it the User Account Control window may come up asking for permission to make changes, click on yes.
5. Once it’s installed, click on finish
6. Launch Minecraft for Education. You may need to find the Minecraft icon on your desktop and open it. If you are prompted to sign in, please go to step 8.
7. If you are not prompted to sign in, Minecraft has logged in automatically with your MESC account, which doesn’t have a software license.
Please select Switch Accounts to allow you to enter your Department of Education details.
8. You will need to sign in with your Department of Education email account, not your school one (it ends in @schools.vic.edu.au for students)