Follow these steps below to create a meetings in Microsoft Teams. There are two methods of creating meetings with the scheduled meeting being the recommended method for classes.
To begin, Navigate to the Team you are wanting to Meet with by selecting Teams on the left hand side of Microsoft Teams.
Select the appropriate Team
Select the appropriate channel. Select the General channel. You may choose to use another channel but we are using the General channel in this Article.
Schedule a meeting
To create a scheduled meeting, please follow the steps below.
1. Select the arrow next to the Meet icon at the top right of a channel screen and select the Schedule a meeting option.
2. Select the date/time for the meeting, type in any details required then select Send.
3. A scheduled meeting will now appear in the channel feed. Select the 3 dots for more options then select View meeting details.
4. Select Meeting options
5. Select Only me from the Who can present? dropdown box. Select Save to finish.
You have successfully updated the Meeting options and the meeting is ready to run.
For more information please see the Roles in a Teams meeting Microsoft support document.
To create an instant Meeting without scheduling, please follow the steps below.
1. Select the Meet now icon at the bottom of the channel feed.
2. Type in a name for the meeting/session and select the Meet now button.
You have successfully created a meeting.
This meeting will appear in the channel feed for users to join.
Roles in a Teams Meeting
Please see the table below to determine the specific capabilities available for each Role in a Teams meeting. Further information can be found in the Roles in a Teams meeting Microsoft support document.